Sunday, November 14, 2010

4 years




On the 10th floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial building is where we celebrated our fourth year anniversary. And let me tell you the Roof did not dissapoint, worth every penny. Just the desserts alone would have been worth it for me.
I guess staring at the Temple makes me feel a little nastalgic. As I sat there looking out the window of the beautiful view of the temple and surrounding city, I felt very grateful. Grateful for the life I have. Grateful for a man who loves me. Grateful for the little person we made. We talked about how fun it would be to live in down town Salt lake and live "that" kind of life style.. ya know all cool and urban. The truth is I like my life just the way it is, and I think its pretty cool. The truth is I didn't think my life could have been this cool.
I asked Mason as were were sitting there what his favorite part of the last four years was. He said hands down the day Cash was born. I agreed. He said that day broke him down to his bare Essentials.. we both laughed because that doesn't even make sense, and becuase that is a cosmetics line. And then I corrected him and said no, Bare Minerals. Then he held up his fork with chunk of prime rib on it and said since we are talking about the day Cash was born,"this looks like your placenta". I agreed.

8 comments:

Wade and Brooke said...

Congrats!!! Thanks for being such great friends! You know without you two we might not be where we are today:)

Amy said...

I never thought you guys would make it to 4 but Im sure glad you did. I love you guys, I love bare minerals, and I love mason in his bare essentials. Cheers.

mattie said...

you guys are funny. congrats on the anniversary! i can't believe it has really been 4 years. crazy!

Whitney said...

happy 4 years! looks like you had fun, nothing better than eating out! sad you didn't come to bunco...we need to get together soon. by the way your hair looks cute dark!

Heidi Green said...

Yum, nothing like eating placenta for an anniversary dinner - lol. Matt and I have talked about living an urban lifestyle too - tempting sometimes. Maybe when we're all done with our fun parenting adventures.

Happy anniversary! I'm so glad we're family. It's been fun getting to know you over the years. :)

Scott and Shay said...

Hooray! Four years...congrats...sounds like an interesting night:)

Jamie said...

Congratulations! That's a classic conversation, you two are hilarious! Totally sounds like something Kyle would say! Here's to the placenta's to come!!

Jamie said...

I know I already commented, but Cas I just have to say you are so darling! I love your hair! You just always look so cute in your posts!