Friday, September 24, 2010

Docs Orders



For me, lake Powell is my Happiest place on earth. This week we spent a much too short 3 days there. It was fabulous. My child slept like a rock, the weather couldn't have been better, the company was wonderful , and our beach was beautiful.
If someone were to ask me a favorite childhood memory. Lake Powell is probably the first 10 favorites that come to mind. I really want to intstill a love for this place into my children. I think Cash is catching my drift. He probably spent 6 hours of the day playing in the sand.
For the past 20 years "Docs Orders" has been our source of shelter. It may not be much on the eyes, but I will defend it to its death. I love that it looks a little rickety and white trash. I love that its meant to sleep 6 people, maybe 8, and we somehow managed to pack 20 plus bodies. This year is most likely the last year we will spent with the boat.. moving on to bigger and better things. I'll never forget all the fun memories created with Docs orders.



9 comments:

Matt and Abby said...

So cute! I must say that I have some fond memories on "Docs Orders" too! Cash is adorable and you look cute as ever!!

Amy said...

I love how your dad is sitting slightly feminine in that picture.

Whitney and Garrett said...

how fun! nothing like those childhood memories in powell! glad you had fun :)

Nicole Lawrence said...

Cash is so handsome. His eyes are a really pretty blue...in a manly way of course :-)

And I have to agree with you about Lake Powell...we used to have a houseboat down there too. Great memories.

Jamie said...

Ugh jealous!! that looks like so much fun! Cash is adorable~

Wade and Brooke said...

I love me some Lake Powell and not to mention Docs Orders!! Best Houseboat EVER!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

CASH IS ADORABLE CASSIE! I love Lake Powell it's definitly the greatest place in the planet. Hope you guys had fun!

Brandon and Vanessa said...

Cute pics:) hey will you add my cake designs link to your page on the side of your blog? I would appreciate it! You can copy and paste it to yours in design. thanks so much

Nathan and Lara said...

I know how you feel! I LOVE Lake Powell and can't wait to take my unborn children so they can learn to love it as much as I do! Looks like you had a fun trip!