Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Its Independence Day

Mason and I always disagree on which holiday is the best. For me, its the 4th of July, the day of our Independence. Although I do truly enjoy the taste of a hot dog fresh off the grill, and I do love the smell of fireworks just after dark, and I even enjoy waking up early to see the parade. But this year I realized the true reason I love the fourth of July. I love that Mason and I ate breakfast together for the first time in a long time, and were able to spend the day together. Its the best because I had no schedule to follow, no appointments to make, except with the pool. The real reason I love the fourth of July is to spend time with my family and to enjoy conversations with the people I love. God Bless America.




9 comments:

The Shupes said...

I love the 4th too, it is so nice to have our husbands home all day!! You look so great cass. Thanks for the fun shower, sorry I couldn't stay and enjoy.

Jeremy and Jani said...

There is nothing better than the forth! If only your parents had the pool years ago!

Dan and Tara said...

I seriously love your little munchkin! He is so stinkin cute! Happy 4th!

Holly said...

I am with you! The 4th is my favorite for all those same reasons. :) Cute pics!

Amy said...

Your a fine American.

Heidi Green said...

how did i miss this post? I love the pictures... especially the first two.

Brandon and Vanessa said...

your son looks just like you, he is so cute!
add me

vanessa

Nicole Lawrence said...

I love Cash's sneakers! So cute.

Jessica said...

yo cass! did i ever tell you that i think you are an awesome writer! i like your blog.
talk to you later
nick