Monday, January 25, 2010

Time Wasted


There was a day when I felt like I was wasting time.

I felt like my days were filled with things that didn’t bring much fulfillment or accomplishment. TV, computer... you know, those mind numbing activities.

Then I decided it was time to make a change.

It was time to start some things I have wanted to do, but had put on the back burner, to do some things that bring a little more enjoyment and fulfillment.

So I summoned my inner Martha Stewart, my Paula Deen, and my deeply burried Jane Austin.



So I finished painting and recovering this lamp.


I learned to sew this apron from the Domestic Queen. (My Mom)



And started cooking recipes from currently my favorite cookbook.



Along with reading some books i’ve been meaning to dip into instead of watching TV, or listening to conference talks or Podcasts like “This American Life” instead of the radio.





waste not time for that is the stuff of which life is made.~ Benjamin Franklin


8 comments:

mattie said...

i am such a time waster, but i don't have much of it to waste right now so that's kind of reassuring.

i want that cookbook soooo bad. i love pw. everything i've made from her blog is delicious. we should have gone to her book signing together when she came to town!

i love all your crafts. you are such a cute mom, cass.

Whitney and Garrett said...

love the lamp, very cute. good thoughts...as i sit here wasting time on the computer. lol

Heidi Green said...

that apron is adorable - great job. I love your new outlook and attitude. I totally remember when I was home with only Bradley I had the same struggle - it was easy to get bored. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

woot woot way to go and be domestic! i love all your projects! I am the queen of time wasters so maybe i should take some of your talent...

Amy said...

Wow, your an inspiration to all of us. Im totally wasting time right now when I should be cooking diner...

Wade and Brooke said...

Wow Woman!!! I am very impressed!!! I could use a little of you in my life!!! Maybe after this baby comes!! I will have to get that cook book!! Darling apron!! Love the Lamp!! Lets get together soon!!

Jessica said...

You've made me want to be a better person! Love you girl!

Nathan and Lara said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I need to be more productive. I wish I was creative as well, pretty sure I couldn't recover a lamp OR sew an apron so congrats!