Thursday, February 9, 2012

Flippers


When it started to get cold last fall, probably Sep/October-ish time I was trying to think of something for Cash to do on a regular basis to get his energy out, get out of the house, and give him something fun to look forward to all winter. I decided to sign him up for a little gym in Kaysville called Flippers Gymnastics. When we started he was 2 so we started in the Mom/tot class, where I would go with him and and help him do everything and just make sure he was staying on task. Well I am so glad I decided to do it. It has been the funnest thing for him, and something he talks about all week. Not only is it great for him to just run around and get his energy out, but its been great for coordination, to follow rules and wait his turn, and just socialize with the other kids. At the start of this year, I put him in the 3 yr. old class... because he's so smart and talented of course. So now he just goes by him self with the other kids, while I wait on the side and watch with the other moms. Im not gonna lie, the first time I took him and he just went by himself.. I kinda wanted to cry. He just looked so cute, eagerly sitting there so anxious to do whatever his teacher told him. I called Mason as I was sitting there and said " I kind of want to cry right now, He doesn't need me anymore". I know.. Im going to be a mess when he goes to school. I just loved the time when I would go with him and he would look to me for what he was supposed to do next and look for my approval for everything he did. I guess thats what having kids is all about.. teaching them, and then learning to let go.






3 comments:

Davis Valley Classic said...

These pictures of Cash are darling! I take Grant to a mommy and me class too and he loves it! I'm going to be a wreck too when mine go to school, you won't be the only one crying! He is so cute, I'm excited for you to have another cutie soon!

Heidi Green said...

So fun! We love that place too. I have very vivid memories of crying about Bradley at all those milestones too. :)

liz said...

what a cutie. how fun for him! we want to come see you guys!